Wednesday, May 2, 2007

In my own skin again

That title may seem strange, but OH! how glad I am to feel like myself again. A few days ago, I got a little perspective in the last place I would ever expect. (This is going to sound foolish, so consider yourself warned.) I was browsing through a few blogs, and hit a wikipedia link, and realized that a celebrity (whose name I will never mention for the shame that would surely ensue) is younger than I am. And it made me realize that I've really got to get my act together! And I really enjoy unexpected perspective. It's good livin', folks.

On to other things... this weekend, my Mom will be in NYC. Without me. :( She and my two aunts are going to see the city (it will be my AR & AS's first times in NYC), and visit JM. And I.WANT.TO.GO. However, I will be having a girls' weekend with dear friends in CleveVeg and the ATL. And I'm geniunely excited about that! We just saw each other in February, but it is critically important to get together regularly, so that's what we're doing. And it looks like we'll be having a big group for dinner on Friday night. I can't wait!

Last night, I got to go see Belle. She is too cute! She's not my kid, so I'm not going to get a picture up until her mom has time to post on her own myspace. (I figure that's the least I could do, right?) But, she is a cutie-patootie baby! I just love that she's not so small that you feel like you could break her. And for the record, I will almost assuredly have these kind of babies. BIG ONES.

My friend H. is probably being prepped right now for her new baby to make his grand entrance into the world! I'm so happy for her and can't wait to see her!

I realize that reality TV is kinda vapid, but my buddy Phil did a GREAT! JOB! LAST! NIGHT!. (I have totally stolen BooMama's exaggerated punctuation. And without shame, too.) I am proud of Phil because I know that he and his family love the Lord, and that God is going to use him to bless so many others. Plus, he makes me so proud of my Alma Mater! Yay Phil!

We have two cute little kittens at my house if anyone wants them. My roommate found them, and couldn't stand the thought of two tabby kittens starving or getting killed at the house. I can't blame her, but my allergies are on the fritz, so we gotta find Tigger and Tiger a home before my nasal cavaties REALLY start rebelling. And my roomie's dog, Harley, is eat up with the green-eyed monster. It's the funniest thing to watch.

I'm at a loss for profound deep words today, but I did tell my boss to "fake it 'til she could make it". Although I'm sure there is some deep theological term that says that much sweeter, it is so true that we have to press on through a difficult and/or frustrating period in our lives.

OOHHH... I have some hopefully very exciting news coming soon. Stay Tuned!

No comments: