Monday, May 7, 2007

The music when they put you on hold...

for my ENT was a Mexican techno-remix of some 80's song and was cracking me up today. It's a movie themesong, but I can't remember the movie. I will try to find out later. Seriously, it's hysterical.

But not the reason I'm calling. I'm having to call the DR because I can't breathe. and my ears are popping. and I had major hot flashes last night. (Which I realize my ENT can't handle, but I thought I'd throw that in there too.) So, it's been a rough two days.

I have severe allergies. If you don't have allergies, or just minor ones, then you need to get on your knees and shout to the Heavens that God spared you from all of this. The best I can assess, I am allergic to a friend's dog. Yes, I'm allergic to dogs. (My roommate's dog is a hypo-allergenic breed, so I'm not allergic to Harley.) And cats. And horses, and gerbils, and alot of other creatures that have hair. And grass. And dust. And pollen. And OH LORD so much more. My grandmother went with me to have my first allergy test, and even though it's been nine years, she still swears that they almost killed me adminstering all those shots. Long story really shortened, let's just say that I woke up tucked under the mattress of my daybed two days after that test, hallucinating and running a fever of 103.5. It was a very rough experience.

When I was at the beach, I could breathe. Anybody sensing an urgency to move to a saltier climate? YES! LORD!

So... my appointment is at 11. I am going to have to have a shot, maybe two. Probably by some sweet nurse who's only been out of nursing school for two years, and will make me cry.

Oi Vey.

In other news, the burial for my friend's mother was yesterday. The interment (which I've probably been to at least 50 in my lifetime), only last five minutes. I can't recall one being that brief. Please keep the family in your prayers as the next few weeks undoubtedly hold the responsibilities of going though personal effects, taking care of financial matters, and just being able to make it through the day.

More randomness... I had company in this weekend. And I hope that you all read this, but Oh! LAWDY! I'm pooped. And one of my phone chargers is awol. Hopefully, I just misplaced it. My friends make me laugh, because together we are just a hot mess! I can't count how many times one of us would say something goofy, and the rest of us would just look and shake our heads. Or laugh so hard we couldn't breathe. I'm so thankful for my friends. And I wanna give a shout out to M.C. Hendizzle for her mad rapping skills. She is da bomb diggity. I know there is more than I wanted to write down so that I would remember it, but alas, I forgot to write it down. Oh yeah... Be the Crown. And don't let that Bear gitcha.

We did see SpiderMan 3, and it was good, but here's my favorite kinda movie. The kind that the plot gets wrapped up in the one movie, and doesn't have to be held over for the seqeul, or third, or fourth. But Peter Parker turned Pimp in this movie, and I loved it!

P.S. I'm going to NYC for Memorial Day. :) Yaya!!!!!

No comments: