Friday, May 11, 2007

"Mama's, Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys"

This song has been stuck in my head pretty much all day. And it's made me smile. :)

I just want to give a shout out to God for only making a week seven days, because I don't know what I'd do if there were eight days. I am SO thankful it's Friday, and even more so, that I get to go visit my Mama this weekend. I can't wait! I'm probably going to sleep alot (still battling some effects of all this medicine), but at least I'll get to be in the same house with her, and frankly, we both just sleep better.

I'm excited to get to see my brother in two weeks.... I just can't wait! Someone special to me blessed me the other day so that I will be able to go up there and visit. Thank you Lord!!

With that said, I haven't had a good inspirational post lately. Yes, it's very reflective of what's going on in my life, but at the same time is not indicative of what's going on in my heart. I've been too busy (haven't MADE time to share some of the stuff that I've read/written/heard), but by no means do I feel like my heart is suffering. Quite the contrary, God presence and control is more obvious than ever in a few areas of my life.

Prior to, during, and after my friend's mother's death, the Lord kept laying on people's heart to share John 11 (The story of Lazarus), specifically verse 6: "Yes when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was for two days more." I'm not going to give you too much detail about the story, (because I'm a huge proponent that you will gain the most by opening the book by yourself), but I wanted to share some relevance in my life.

Jesus loved Lazarus and his two sisters. They were very close. With the friends that hang out at my house on a frequent basis, I feel like Jesus could just drop in anytime, love on his friends, and then head out to do more stuff. (This happens at my house more than three times a week, and I love it!) But in this passage, when Jesus heard that Laz was sick, he stayed.

HE STAYED WHERE HE WAS FOR TWO MORE DAYS.

I know this, God will take control of a situation to get the greatest glory, whether or not I like or agree with what He is doing. If for no other reason than He's God and I'm not. (Kinda like when your Mom says "Because I'm the Mama and I said so".) But most importantly, because He has creative control and sees the big picture of our lives. He will get the glory, and we will get the greatest good, whether that good is easy and smooth, or requires us to be purified a bit.

I shared all that to say that, life is not easy, and for some, especially lately, you are left scratching your head wondering what in the world is going on. To you I say, He Stayed. He stayed so that when He appears, you will see Him, in His fully glory. But He IS coming, we are not forgotten, so get ready.

No comments: