Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In the course of other things going on in my mind, I read a post by BooMama reminding bloggers to find their voice and never replace interweb life for Real-Real life.

I think it's easy in such an internet savvy world to get The Word online too... a devotion here, a scripture there, a good video message, but may we never mistake time with God as being "online" instead of quiet time in prayer seeking His face.


"O GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You;
my inner self thirsts for You,
my flesh longs and is faint for You,
in a dry and weary land where no water is.
So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary
to see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your loving-kindness is better than life,
my lips shall praise You.
So will I bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My whole being shall be satisfied
as with marrow and fatness;
and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
When I remember You upon my bed
and meditate on You in the night watches.
For You have been my help,
and in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice.
My whole being follows hard after You
and clings closely to You;
Your right hand upholds me."
Psalm 63:1-8 (Amplified)

No comments: