Monday, April 14, 2008

The thoughts that prevail...

I talked to a dear friend on the phone tonight for over an hour. She paid me a compliment that I don't feel like I deserve.

Her words pierced me for two reasons:
1) to question why I can't get it to deserve them, and
2) the love that it would take for her to give the compliment in light of me knowing who I really am.

As though she should know that.

Don't we do that to ourselves though? Aren't we the prosecution, jury, and judge of actions?

In spite of what I would consider a really bad attitude weekend... I find myself stuck on this scripture:

"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father." John 15:11-15 The Message

No comments: