Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thinking too much

I think...

I think too much.

But, today I do not have time to berate myself for thinking, instead, it is time to acknowledge that the changes... they're coming.

Stephanie is leaving this summer.

Cara is leaving this summer.

Matt & Lindsay are leaving this summer.

Meredith is leaving in two weeks.

It is the inevitable, happy, yet (in some sense) definitely unwelcome change. For most people outside of where I live, the changes that are taking place are absurd. In real life, people don't move this much. In real life, things are more settled.

Not that I live in some warped fantasy world, but living' in a college town, you must only have college town expectations.

But my heart is still sad. Reading MinSoFab's blog from yesterday about the pink cube reminded me that, life is that cube. Life is multifaceted, and just when we think we have seen it all, the cube turns, and reveals something new. Something different. Friends will leave. We will have new friends come along. I have no worries about that, but I do want to take the time to remember the friends before they go anywhere.

When's the last time you flipped your cube?

No comments: