Friday, April 11, 2008

in a few hours...

It's currently 2:43 in the morning.

I should be in bed.

My friends and I (Yes ADULTS) played four or five or ten games of Hide-n-Go-Seek for three hours.

I'm not super-tired.

I have heart burn.

BOO.

In 8 hours and 15 minutes, I'll be walking to fight the cure against Cystic Fibrosis.

The disease has a face for me.

He's too young to have to worry about this.

He's too young and vibrant to have to take that much medication.

His annual medical expenses are $70K.

He has more life than anyone I know.

I want quality of life and quantity of life.

I want to see him Completely Healed.

I want God to rock my face in the way and time that He heals Nathan.

I want to know that my life matters.

More than that, I want my friend to know that HIS life matters.

I am a better woman because of him.

I strive to be a better friend because of him.

I don't want the disease to have another face because I want the disease to be completely erradicated.

I want a cure.

What do you want?

1 comment:

Bitsy said...

OH MY ~ I just realized that I did not make a donation/pledge to your walk and I meant to. It's not too late is it? love ya, have fun on the walk. Bitsy