Friday, August 3, 2007

Another night, another dream...

Still no word on the J-O-B front. We were supposed to hear yay or nay today, but the hiring manager isn't here.

BOO.

Friends of mine watched 300 last night. I had a birthday for a four-year old to attend to.

Let's just say I left with pink hair.

It was FAB-Ulous.

And a tummy-ache from eating a cupcake.

My BFF is in town with her husband and three kids. I CANNOT wait to see them! I imagine they are touring Rock City right now (hopefully), and tomorrow we are probably all going to go to the Discovery Kids Museum or the Aquarium.

It's pathetic that, I've lived here 8 years (in three weeks), and I've never been to the Aquarium, IMAX, Rock City, or Ruby Falls. I've been up Lookout Mountain, but I've never done anything up there.

Maybe that should be a 2007 goal, huh? I might rule out Rock City. Dark places deep in the earth give me claustrophobia. Yikes.

On the conceited side... I bought the prettiest top and wore it to work today.

With 3 inch stilletos that my boss promptly called "Street Walker Shoes".

Then I reminded her that her 13-year old daughter wanted to buy a Corona [beer] bikini, and that my street walkin' shoes weren't so bad. Considering I'm of LEGAL age.

Peace out.

2 comments:

Warrior Priestess said...

Okay, Rock City: NOT undeground. Lots of rock formations high up but above ground. Ruby Falls: Very deep underground. Gave me chills. Lots of drama for very little touristy place. Lookout Point Place Park: very civil war'ish. Lots of civil war history. If you are into that kind of thing then hang out on Lookout Mtn. Otherwise don't waste your time unless you like to hike. There are trails up there.

Danielle said...

Street walker shoes..hee hee hee...

And regarding miracles..I believe that what you said is true. I believe it with my heart..it's just that my brain has trouble getting on board sometimes. But you are right, the devil's in the details ;)