Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm pretty sure the Wellness Center is trying to kill me.

Yesterday was Day 16. There are a few people who are reading my exercise blog, so you don't have to read this one too.

In my somewhat self-depracating nature, I decided to take a Total Body Conditioning Class at my local wellness center. I'm pretty sure I was possessed because I accidentally drank from the water fountain the other day. So much for following my own rule -- Never Drink the Kool-Aid!

Anyway, I thought I'd share a funny lists of things from last night's experience

  • In order for TBC to be effective, your body should have SOME prior conditioning.
  • Mine did NOT.
  • A lofty goal of "just don't die" is good.
  • An even loftier goal of "don't quit" is better.
  • 2 Stars for me for achieving both.
  • Lunges are from the DEVIL.
  • She asked us to do the Superman on a Bosu Ball
  • HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
  • Hopefully you're looking up a Bosu Ball now and laughing WITH me
  • Then she asked me to balance my entire body weight (no hands no feet) on the Bosu ball
  • HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
  • The second set of lunges are an indicator that Christ return is imminent.
  • I ran into a coworker after my class who looked at me and said "OH MY! Your face is Beet Red!"
  • maybe we didn't do such a good cooldown?

In spite of my whiny nature, I DIDN'T die or pass out (YAY!), but my entire shirt was soaked. As a matter of fact, I was completely sweat soaked from head to toe. I called my Mom when I got in the car and asked her how bad it would look it if I just slept in my car for a little while. :) She encouraged me to try to drive home.

The halfway mark of my drive is a McDonald's. I wanted a Sweet Tea so bad but they didn't have any! At this point, I realized just how soaked my shirt was (It got cold, you know?), so I wound up changing shirts in the McDonald's/Shell parking lot in Varnell. Classy, no?

By 9:00, I was so stoved up, I could hardly move. But, I did... and wound up getting to play 2 full rounds of Nerts with Roomie and two other friends. Nice!

Oh... I should mention that I WILL going back today. What doesn't kill me really does make me stronger.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

So I was just wondering, is it really called a "Wellness Center" or is a regular gym, but you're calling it Wellness Center to help remove the stigma of the word gym?

Jenn said...

Also, what's the address of your weight loss blog? :)

Jenn said...

No, it really is called the Bradley Wellness Center. Half of it is used to patient rehab (OT/PT), and the other half and the rest is for exercise.

Michelle said...

I'd also be interested in knowing your exercise blog address. I've thought about doing one myself, but I'm in serious need of inspiration. :)