Wednesday, January 10, 2007

1.10.07

Last year, I prayed for God to bring someone new into my life. I did not expect God to drop 14 good Baptist women into my life. THAT is God's sense of humor for ya'.

Last night, the group at FBC started Stormie O'Martian's DVD Bible Study series on the Power of Praying Woman. I feel like a letch for saying this, but the DVD leaves a little to be desired. HOWEVER... I don't know what happened, but last night wound up being a really awesome night. You know those moments where you realize that you don't need to be entertained because frankly, it's not about you? Well... last night was just that for an interesting group of 15 women. We can laugh and cut up and have a good time, and Beth kept us entertained, but last night had nothing to do with entertainment -- it was just about praying for the very intimate personal needs to those in closest contact. Maybe that sounds weird to anyone reading this... but it was mind-blowing. I can only pray that the rest of the series gives us as much.

I also highlighted a bunch of stuff to bring in and blog about today, and then I left it all at my house. Maybe that's a sign. Probably not.

I did read on my friend J.'s blog that she went to meet Frank Warren last night. I am being honest to say I am jealous, but hopefully I will have the same privilege when he comes to Atlanta at the end of the month. Any of you ATL girls want to meet me? He's going to be at the Barnes & Noble on Peachtree (below the Cheesecake Factory). Just let me know!

There are a few things weighing heavy on my heart, but I am trying to work through them. I am geniunely trying to let go and let God heal them. We are all giant control freaks when it comes to this kind of issue, so relinquishing that control is not easy. But, it is necessary, and healing. I wish I had the vocabulary to articulate how amazing God really is to me. To realize that this issues I am struggling with are COMPLETELY inconsequential in terms of Christ's emminent return is humbling to say the least. It makes me think that almost every conversation I have with friends is completely wasteful, and yet, God is concerned and involved. Wow.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him." Isaiah 62:1

4 comments:

Holly said...

Power of the Praying Woman is awesome! We offered that study this past fall and the classes were packed at both the a.m. and p.m. sessions!

Jenn said...

I really have high expectations for this study. I just got really spoiled by Beth. But like I said, praying afterwards was mind-boggling!! I am excited to see what happens through the rest of the series.

Holly said...

It will be interesting to see what you think about this study in relation to how good Beth Moore was for you. The Beth Moore study wasn't really packed tonight like I thought it would be. The other two were though...the group that did Power of Praying Woman is now doing "Having a Mary heart in a Martha World" and it looks really good.

Jenn said...

Which Beth study are you doing? Honestly, alot of the women at FBC were having a hard time. Beth gives a lot of information, and really pushes you to think on the homework. For me, it was a combination of factors that, I was looking for something that wasn't "baby-bottle study", was deep, and relevant. I've done Daniel and When Godly People do Ungodly Things. Like I said, I really am excited about this study, it's just very different. I do love Having a Mary heart in a Martha world. I read the book a few years ago, and it rocks.