Wednesday, January 17, 2007

1.17.2007

I feel a little random today...

I'm eating a pop-tart that's ridiculously soft, even though I didn't put it in the toaster. The texture is making my mouth concerned. I was craving a Bacon, Egg, & Cheese biscuit from the new McDonald's in Cohutta, but I resisted this morning. Yay for willpower.

It's 30 degrees outside, and as I pulled up to work this morning, I realized that I left my jacket at home! I am still slightly frustrated with myself. Oh well. At least I have on a good sweater.

I am easily intimidated by people. I can be cool and confident on the outside, but secretly I am seeking approval from people -- and it all comes out in some serious intimidation for me. Tomorrow night, my sorority is having a special ceremony for "new girls" and alumni. There will be people there that I haven't seen in a while. And I'm going shopping tonight. I have been out of college for five years, I have a good job, but I still in some weird way am intimidated by them and feel some need to impress. I have moments where I feel like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz.

My roommate left me the sweetest note last night. I wanted to squeeze her when I read it this morning. :) Also... we are addicted to "Dog, The Bounty Hunter". We even google'd Leland last night. He would be perfect for my roomie, since she's 4'11", and Leland's only 5'5". We are trying to figure out how to get to Hawaii QUICKLY!!!

And my celebrity crush is getting out of hand. I looked up David Caruso yesterday, and my heart actually skipped a beat!! I know that I am getting older when I think a 50-year old redhead is HOT! So... please keep me in your prayers. I think I need them!!!

Last night, I had bible study at FBC. I think it went well. I don't think I did such a hot job keeping things under control, but I had help (two women in particular who kept things in line), and also think that the conversation/discussion we had was good. The homework... is terrible. But, I know that this is "stretching". It's different from what I've done, and different from what they've done, but it's good. We need to be uncomfortable; we need to be stretched. I am taking the liberty to speak for the group when I say, we don't want to stay the same. If we did, we wouldn't be doing this. We would be at home, (they would be at home with their families, I would be watching TV!), and not come back. But we're not. I can only pray for God to show us things out of our consistency and dedication. That we may be persistent enough to continually approach the throne until we get something! As opposed to Jacob's literal wrestling with God, I'd like to think of this as emotional wrestling. I'm not stopping until God blesses me!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

i wanted pop tarts really bad yesterday too!! I went to the gas station and they were out so i took it as a sign. :) not meant to have them.

Jenn said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU CAN POST COMMENTS NOW!!!!!!