Thursday, January 25, 2007

1.25.07


I have been in a slump the last day or so. NO MORE. This is the day that the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. Period.

Gas prices are another reason to shout. It only cost me $26.00 to fill up my tank. Now... my tank runneth over! Surely goodness and inexpensive gas prices will follow me ALL of the days of my life. Most likely not, but it's good to worship God for cheaper gas anyway. (The sky looks rad in the picture too.)

My roommate cracks me up. She and I had a two-hour conversation about our celebrity crushes. Well, that, and that my brother sent me a bootleg copy of The Holiday (Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and Kate Winslet), and people kept walking in front of the screen.... absolutely hysterical.

I'm still reading the John Ortberg book. If you haven't read it -- DO IT. Last night, I read something that challenged my heart. It's too good to share right now. Read the book though. You will totally want to do it too. (That was very Valley Girl, huh?)

Anywho... on to Thursday Thirteen. I've slacked on this, but today is a new day!!!

Thirteen things that fill my heart with Joy TODAY:

1. God's love and promises. Everlasting to Everlasting rocks my soul!!
2. David Caruso -- did you actually think he wouldn't be up at the top?
3. Psalm 63:1 -- "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water."
4. Getting to see my best friend this weekend! (We're throwing her a baby shower!)
5. My pending girls' weekend in Gatlinburg with Amanda, Miranda, and Aubre.
6. Hawai'i. Aloha!!!
7. My bootleg copy of The Holiday -- rent it on DVD when it comes out. I loved this movie!
8. A pending trip to Charlotte with my friend Crystal.
9. Gas prices!!
10. Eating Zaxby's with old friends today!
11. Beautiful weather outside -- it's cold, but the sky is majestic!
12. Being able to tag my friends who think they're too busy, but know that they have 13 reasons to be joyful!!
13. New blogs to read... !!!

My tag is to all my blog friends (and anyone I haven't met!!!)

No comments: