Friday, January 19, 2007

Follow-up

So... I wrote that whole, long blog. Then, I checked another email account and had received the devo for the day with the posting below. I am amazed. God's grace is so sufficient, especially for our frustrations and insecurities. This is God's grace to me and for me. He knows my every need, and is sovereign enough to speak through others to me... even and especially from a distant. God is Good... All The Time.

How would you answer if someone asked you who you are? The truth is sometimes I forget who I belong to. I forget that God alone gives me my identity. If I dig a little deeper and answer with complete honesty the question of who I am, my answer includes these responses: I am someone who struggles with losing the same ten pounds; sometimes I respond in fear rather than faith; I can be selfish and not want to serve others; I've made mistakes in the past and can carry them around like a ball and chain.

The truth is that sometimes I let my past, my feelings, and others' disapproval of me define me; rather than letting God and His Word define me. However, the closer I grow to the Lord, the more I understand that those other definitions are lies, not the truth. God's enemy, Satan, is a liar who wants to keep me from walking in the truth. The truth of who I am is found in God's Word. I know who I am when I know Whose I am.
Let these statements remind you of who you are and Whose you are:


Nothing can separate you from God's love (Romans 8: 35 – 39).

You are God's work of art, His masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10).

God does not condemn you (Romans 8: 1,2).

God loves you so much that the price He paid to have a relationship with you was His own life (1 Corinthians 6: 20).

Jesus is your Daddy (Romans 8:15).

God's love for you is everlasting and unfailing. He wants you to have a relationship with Him where you grow closer to Him and look more like Him as you abide in His truth. Rest in the truth that His steadfast love never fails.

Dear Father, I am so thankful that I am Your child and that You love me. I am thankful that Your love never changes and that nothing will take Your love away from me. Open my eyes to any lies I'm believing about myself and my life. Help me to believe only You – not Satan, not my feelings, not what anyone else says. In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments: