Friday, January 26, 2007

1.26.07

I wish now that I had put the David Crowder quote first. It's beautiful. It's perspective for me. The presence of God Almight permeates and penetrates every situation and location we can ever find ourselves in. That, in and of itself, is beautiful, thrilling, inspired with awe, and humbling. To know that God's presence permeates my office, my car, my apartment, my heart, my feelings, my occassional lonliness, and my soul -- is simply breathtaking. I can't escape it. I don't have to seek it. It's there. I just have to come to a state of God-awareness and acknowledgement. It's constant communion.

I had this whole long random blog prepared of stuff I thought was worth sharing. Then God took my breath away. (And the church say "Whew!".)

I would describe me as weird. Weird in relation to normal. But who's really normal? And I am that weird? No, I don't think so. Weird is my subconcious' way of saying "Have pity on me. Get to know me. Please like me." Stupid subconcious. :) My friend K. told me a story yesterday. Her husband is a meter-reader for a power company in GA. He's in Dahlonega now. Yesterday, he called and the convo went as follow:

Husband: "Guess what I'm staring at?"
Wife: "A bear?"
Husband: "No, better. Two tigers and a lion."
Wife: "WHERE ARE YOU?"
Husband: "Behind a trailer up on this mountain trying to get a reading for this house."
Wife: "Really? Tigers and a Lion?"

Now THIS is weird. (I'm not mocking modular accommodations -- read the rest of this scenario.) If you live in a trailer, up on the side of a mountain in Dahlonega, Georgia, WHAT would possess you to purchase two tigers and a lion? Where do you go to buy tigers and lions? (I assume that Petco and Petsmart don't just keep those cages ready to buy.) If you have the money and lack of common sense to purchase those animals -- why do you live in a trailer? I think this validates that I am not weird, or at least not as weird as I think. I do not own any animals that can grow to weigh more than I do or would ever consider me a meal. Moreover, I can't ever understand why you would come to the conclusion to up and purchase such an animal. I can (never) imagine the conversation with my future spouse of "Honey, I really like our indoor pet, but I think we need something outside, maybe something wild." NEVER. Never in a million years.

I guess I'm going to have to come up with a new adjective to describe myself. Pray Church Pray.

1 comment:

Broken Shadows said...

I want a white tiger it has always been one of my dreams. To own a big cat and train and work with it. However; I doubt I will ever work to make that dream come true. Now someone living in a trailer and owning 3 big cats just seems a little akward. I would almost have to question that.