Tuesday, January 2, 2007

1.2.07

There are days when I really enjoy working where I do. My job is not hard – difficult at times, but definitely not hard. But today, everyone is here, all the doors are open and the entire floor is flooded with light. The wind is blowing outside, but inside, you would almost thing it’s spring. Today is the first workday of the New Year too.

I’m just in a really happy, upbeat mood, and I’m not completely sure why.

Also, my pants have some serious static cling, and every time I walk, I look like I belong in the ‘hood with one pants leg up. I think that my pantyhose are the culprits causing the cling.

Saturday I went and saw my Papa. I love him. He started talking about when he won’t be around, and frankly I just can’t take it. I teared up quite a few times and had to bit my lip to keep from cracking. I think he’s lonely, and the fact that my brother and I kinda suck as grandkids doesn’t help. But I do love him, even though I'm not so good about showing so as frequently as I should. I am however going to get him an Express pass to go through the toll bridge at his house. He decided that he would feel like JM with an EZ pass; he sorta got excited about that.

Our Biggest Loser final weigh-in is Thursday, and I can almost guarantee that I will not be willing. $700.00 would have been a nice belated Christmas present, but I have eaten poorly and haven’t exercised in a while. :(

My next few months are getting busier as time goes along: Baby shower for my best friend L., Mullet night Hockey Game in Knoxville (I’m pumped about that!), My Papa Calhoun’s 80th Birthday, getting ready for another shower for my friend K., LOTSA close friend Birthdays -- like 11 really good friends (the picture at the side should explain where you all will be getting your birthday cards), the illustrious Valentine’s day, a wedding in Florida, getting ready to be small-debt free, and of course my present situation, Year End.

There is a really big change that will also be happening in the next two months, but I’m not quite ready to blog about it… not yet.

New Years was really great! My friend M. and I went to College Park, Georgia to Creflo Dollar’s church to ring in the new year. If you haven’t been – YOU MUST GO. I have been to entirely too many churches in my life, but I can say that those were some of the nicest, most loving people I have ever met! The choir was incredible, and Pastor Creflo was hysterical. At around 12:20 a.m., he told the congregation that he was wrapping up his message, not necessarily because God was finished, but because he had Pancakes and Eggs waiting for him at the house. Too funny! M. and I didn’t get back to her house until 3:30, but we had a blast. This was definitely the best New Years I’ve ever had.

Also, the Silver Bullet is in the shop being fixed right now, so Y’all Pray Hard! She’s got a lot more miles to go on her! Also, I am driving my Mom’s truck… which is entertaining enough just at the thought.

My friend M. bought me a journal for Christmas; the first real paper journal I’ve had in almost 7 years. I blog regularly, but I don’t think that counts. I have a few journal entries for each of the years, but I’ve not been super dedicated since I started at Lee. I wish you all could read that journal; I was just a big ‘ole Dork back then. God REALLY has been merciful!

I’m trying to finish up my new book, and also getting ready to finish up the Beth Moore bible study I’ve been doing. The FBC bible study cranks up Tuesday, but I’d like to be doing another one at the same time.

I didn’t intend for this to be a long blog, but it is … L8G8R!

No comments: