Can you believe it? #900???? It's Crazy!
This little Doozy has been going around facebook for the last few days. I should tell you up front, I had a hard time finding things. I feel like I'm a little overexposed anyway... so it took a while to think of things you might not know.
1. I took Karate for three months in the Huguley Elementary Gym. My mom pulled my brother and I out because the instructor started getting violent with kids and actually broke a kid’s arm in class.
2. I punched the first guy who tried to kiss me. I punched him in the mouth, and then hid from him (literally!) for three weeks after that. It’s been 11 years since, but I still feel stupid about it. I finally kissed him in a parking lot in 2002 and it was AWFUL. Ew.
3. I once hid in a safe to avoid a guy who had been stalking me on my first job (KROGER). His name was Rich Musick and he kept wanting to me to join the Army Reserves.
4. I have A LOT of nicknames. Hump Dump is by FAR my favorite one. But the top 5 are: Medusa Callahan, Slicker, Hammer, H.D., and Jennibug.
5. I have pencil lead in my knee from a fight my brother and I got into when I was 11. I’ll be happy to show you my blue dot anytime… just ask. Also to the CDC, I didn't die of lead poisoning... so there.
6. I tried to commit suicide twice, once when I was 6, the other time at 9, because I was so overwhelmed and depressed. It’s by God’s grace (and good therapy) that I have repressed all of that junk and don’t remember anything from that time. It’s also because of that, that I think suicide is a cowardly way out – hearing about people killing themselves makes me angry, and while I understand the feelings (TRUST ME, I DO), I’ve learned through my own junk just how much God loves me and how much He has planned for me.
7. I want to be on a television show SO BADLY, but have never done any professional acting. I’m pretty sure my friends would count my melodramatic nature acting though. I would really love to be on a soap opera.
8. I rarely wear necklaces because they make me feel like I’m choking to death. Ironically though, I own like 40 necklaces.
9. I think it’s better to have “loved and lost than never to have loved at all”.
10. My very first kiss was with my first love, after my first date, in my driveway. I was 21, and it was the most wonderful kiss EVER, and I still remember how magical that moment was. I’m pretty sure I floated to my backdoor! He’s now happily married, but I’m thankful that God let him be in my life for a while. He will always hold a special place in my heart, even though I wanted to break his knees after he broke my heart. :)
11. I have a two-week rule before marriage. Trust me when I say, my future husband will appreciate it! Ask me about it!!!!!!
12. My brother will be the one to walk me down the aisle when I get married.
13. I’m a calendar person, and I have a calendar that I will NEVER show anyone that has the birthdays of a LOT of people I’ve come in contact with over the years. It includes people from elementary school, middle, high school, church, college, and somebody from every job I’ve ever had. Also, most of my crushes, all of my family, and some random anniversaries that I’m pretty sure I should forget. It also has the almost-complete list of the over 90 weddings I’ve been to in the last 9 years.
14. I went through a phase where I was more comfortable to buy your love then actually tell you that I loved you. I felt horribly inadequate, and thought that was the way to keep friends. During that time (which lasted about 10 years), I bought a lot of excessive, over the top gifts including: $200 cologne for a boy in high school, I rented a bear costume, a $350 iPod, a $450 gym membership that was NEVER used, and probably $10,000 in dinners that I’ll never get back. I don’t regret them either (because it does no good), but I'm definitely not proud of them. They just ARE. I have to remind myself daily that it’s okay to just be me, and if people need “stuff” from me, then I don’t need them. It’s about learning to be adequate in who I am in Christ.
15. I could eat rice and soy sauce EVERY DAY for the rest of my life. I love it that much.
16. I wanted to be a pediatrician growing up, envisioning that I’d go off to medical school and come back home and open a practice… that is until I realized I would have to take Anatomy & Physiology (which in my high school involved dissecting a dead cat), and determined that was not the plan for me. Instead, I took Accounting my senior year. Sufficed to say, the rest is history. I would still like to have as a career the opportunity to be a flight attendant, personal shopper, and SAHM on my resume though.
17. I feel like I spent the last 30 years just being ordinary. I want to spend the rest of my life being extraordinary.
18. My family and friends thought I would stay in Tennessee maybe three weeks. 9 ½ years later, some of them are still shocked, and don’t understand why I just don’t move back. Part of the reason I came up here had to do with Holly.
19. I’ve spend approximately 1/3rd of my life in one of three states – Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. I’d like to keep those odds with a fourth state… and a husband!
20. I’m a handwriting snob. I know I shouldn’t be, but I am. I judge you. It's true. I also judge how you hold a pen. It determines the callouses on your fingers, the pressure of the ink and the style of your handwriting. Over is ALWAYS bad. Angled to the left is best. Unless you're left handed, then angle right.
21. For as long as I can remember, I have written my first name and the last name of my crush. Mrs. Jennifer ______ And oh!my!word!, you should see the number of last names I’ve had!!!!!!! Think Alexis Carrington from Dynasty!
22. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to write professionally, but I have a very hard time with criticism. Criticism of almost any sort, I take personally, and instead of calmly, rationally assessing a situation, I react first then think.
23. I want at least 6 kids. AT LEAST. And I would love for them all to be redheaded. I would be one jealous Mama!
24. The thing that makes me most excited about having a family will be watching my mother as a grandmother. She's such a HOOT! I can’t even begin to express how it makes me feel now, and I know that (in God’s time) it will be even more wonderful! She’s going to officially be Mamie!
25. This is post #900!!!!!