Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Peace.



Tonight, for the first time in his 27 years, my friend Nathan took a long deep breath.

In heaven.

He stepped from a body that caused pain and prevented him from getting the very breath that we need, into the most wonderful, marvelous place -- right into the arms of the Lord. Knowing Nathan, he didn't stroll into heaven leisurely either,... he went on a jetski or a four wheeler laughing and smiling.

With his parents by his side, and family and friends around, he stepped from earth to glory.

And for that, I can't help but praise the Lord that he is healed.

4 comments:

leslie ruth said...

Oh girl, I am so sorry. I know there must be much joy (at the relief of his earthly pain) mixed with much grief right now. You are definitely in my prayers...

Michelle said...

I spent a lot of time journaling and praying for Nathan this week Jenn. I only know him through you guys, but have been so touched by his life and his heart, especially his medical missions. What a deep relief it must be for him to be safe and whole in the arms of his Maker.

Although it is relieving to know he's breathing deeply, I also know that it doesn't relieve the ache of missing him. I pray that God comforts you in the way that only he can.

You are beautiful & such an incredible friend. I'm thankful to know you. :)

Love,
Michelle

Mimi said...

My tears are flowing for this obviously wonderful young man that I've never met.

Jen, I'm sorry you've lost your friend, but thankful that he is in the arms of Our Father.

I wish I had more words of comfort, but I'll just say "praise you Lord."

Josh Lane said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss that you along with all of Nathan's family and friends have experienced. However, we must remember that our loss is Heaven's gain...and that His ways are always perfect for us.

I love these lyrics from an old song written by Steven Curtis Chapman that simply say:

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone;
He’ll carry us when we can’t carry on.
Raised in His power, the weak become strong;
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect.

You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers.