Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day

I really almost got up from my hypothermic state and blogged at 3:00 this morning. Giving you a rundown on my night might also help... and puh-lease enjoy the commentary!

6:45 - Arrive at M's house -- 15 minutes late, and with too much stuff
7:20 - we are finally on the interstate -- after waiting/talking/stopping by the ATM for me who rarely carries cash
8:40 - stop in Knoxville to eat. There was some drama surrounding our food... M has a GPS system, we'll call her DANG GINA, who was not on her game b/c of the Knoxville Detour System. But GINA was determined to win... don't count her out! We finally stopped around 9 at a poorly managed Ruby Tuesdays (Sorry... but it was) and I enjoyed a SALAD.
9:45 - We finally got back on the road!

We made it to Gatlinburg around 10:30, but had to park and that took some time! We took a few pictures, immediately felt The Cold, and made our way to the Gatlinburg Space Needle where the ball was dropping.

I need to get M. to send me her picture of Mr. Helmet Hair (think David Lee Roth circa 1982)

You should know that I got interrupted when Joel McHale appeared on my television. HE IS HYSTERICAL.

We enjoyed the festivities, made a few videos, and welcomed in 2009!!!! After making the very COLD trek back to the car, we headed back to Cleveland. And I promptly slept almost the entire ride home. I get carsick easy, and that in combination with still not being 100% after being sick the last few weeks, pretty much knocked me on my butt. To my driver, and co-driver, I apologize profusely for my snoring. And thank you for not waking me. :) We arrived somewhere around 3:00am, I think. I was still half-asleep.

I should also mention how cold I was. I know this is TMI, but I normally sleep in a gown or long t-shirt. Because of a potential case of hypothermia, I slept in a sweatshirt, t-shirt, velour pants, and socks.

Until 11:00 this morning.

And my heat was on 72.

Basically I was a human popsicle. BRRR. :)

I have spent the day resting, cleaning, and checking up on my friend Nathan. He had a difficult night last night, but seems to be doing better as of the last post tonight. Please continue to remember him in your prayers.

And now, I'm blogging and heading to bed.

Because I have to work tomorrow. Thankfully, my vacation days start over again. Woo!


Michael D. Hattaway said...

I know exactly what you mean about the GPS system not being happy up there. Before I left that place I think I circled a "GHETTO" neighborhood 3 times before I found the road to get on the detour.

My mother was ballistic that day.

Fun times for me, I will never forget that day.

Mimi said...

I have a friend who just moved to TN. I think she's in Cleveland...