Monday, January 26, 2009

...

Side Note: I'm trying to write more on a private blog because I seem to be going through some weirdo phase where I offend more folks than not. Case in point: I wrote a rather "passionate" blog about the inauguration last week, and then decided to take it down, but not before Google Reader got a hold of it. I've gotten some very very nasty emails from friends and Christians. I don't blame them for being upset or disagreeing with what I said. I should have let that one hang in drafts a while longer though. So now, it's posted privately, and I can go back and review it later on -- determining whether I still agree or disagree with what I wrote. For now, I don't disagree with what I wrote, but who reads it is on my own terms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My weekend was a whirlwind, but was a total blast! Friday night, I went to a birthday party for Mike. We had dinner at Golden Corral and then went skating. I have lived in this area for 9 1/2 years, and have never been to the Golden Corral here (although I ate there practically every Sunday after high school with my pastor and his family). IT was a cultural experience all on it's own! First off, it was PACKED OUT. I had to wait in line for 15 minutes at 7:00 to even pay to eat. G.C. was like the melting pot of different cultures! The food... was really good! And it was not that expensive. But the ambiance was worth more than the $8 I paid to eat... it was priceless!! Afterwards, we all headed to the skating rink, and y'all... skating with my friends... HILARIOUS. I left my camera in the car by accident, but a few people had theirs, so we were able to capture some really funny pictures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday morning, I headed home. I had the most wonderful time hanging out with my mom. We were like Batman and Robin for almost 24 hours, never leaving one another's side. We went shopping in Auburn, then came home and overhauled my old bedroom. Jenn Miles, my mom is going to upload the before and after shots... you were my inspiration this weekend! In just over 4 1/2 hours, we were able to completely rearrange, clean, and organize a bedroom that has evaded us for about five years (since the carpet was installed). It really looks fabulous!

But the best part of my weekend was just getting to hang out with my mom. Being away from her makes me appreciate her more each day. She is such a fun lady! Not to mention, getting to ignore my phones!

Yesterday after church, we went to my favorite mexican restaurant, and the food was DIVINE! I don't crave mexican food too much, but yesterday it was perfect!

It was bittersweet leaving... I definitely wish I had more time to stay, but I have obligations here (READ: Girls Group, Work), and know that I had to come back. So, I'm back to my reality!

4 comments:

The Miles Family said...

can't WAIT to see the before and after pics!!

Mimi said...

I'll miss some of your posts, but I'm glad you're going a little more underground.

It seems like you need an outlet to just write freely what without worrying about censoring yourself.

Oh yeah, California...waaaay jealous!

Blessings!

Bitsy said...

I can't wait to see the before and after pics!!! I've done the one day makeover before and it's a blast! Makes me miss my mom.

Love ya

PS ~ I appreciated and agreed with most of your previous political post. This is YOUR blog to say what YOU want. Not to be ugly, but if I don't like someone's personal opinion on their blog, I just agree to disagree. I don't send an ugly reply. If I continue to disagree or not like what they say ~ guess what, no one's MAKING me read it!!!!!!!!!

Aims said...

Golden Corral is good. When I was at Lee, the girls in my sorority would take the women from the Towers to Golden Corral. They loved it. I am glad you had a good weekend. Have a good rest of the week.