Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Please SHUT UP. Thank you.

Everywhere I go, people are talking about Obama. Which, HONESTLY, is Great. I do not envy the task that Obama has taken on. Not at all, not even a little bit.

But I can't help but be excited about the opportunity to witness this time in history.

Just like I was able to witness the Challenger.

And witness 9/11.

And witness the turn of a century.

I'm very excited and know that, since I HAVE TO WORK TODAY, I will go home and watch the day's events on every news channel, The History Channel, A&E, and MTV. It's great. I'm even buying a newspaper!

But I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over people griping about what Obama will or won't do. I'm tired of my coworkers sitting in the breakroom speaking gloom and doom about our country. Or the presuppositions about Obama's future goals for our nation based on the color of his skin. 'Cause I know a lot of white people that haven't done anything either. And frankly, the only thing that you're doing by sitting on your big behind running your mouth about it is:

increasing global warming.

I'mjustsayin'.

So seriously, Shut up.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the Christians who voted for our soon-to-be-sworn in President who think it's cool to put up phrases like "we did it! We voted change in!" and "Hope you Republican Christians are miserable!" on their facebook/myspace/twitter/etc... seriously? You want me to take anything say seriously when that's all you can spout out?

Shut up.

Or use your words to keep praying to God for our nation, our Leader (and the daunting task he is being sworn in for), our economy, our world.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: